Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Offsetting your carbon

Customer Michael Hewitt contacted us to let us know about a website that aims to offset the amount of carbon dioxide we produce (from travelling, heating our home, etc). This is what Michael had to say:

“For a number of years I have been following Russ's advice about leaving hi-fi equipment turned on all the time. With all the recent publicity about the impact of energy use on the environment I decided I should try and offset the environmental impact of this practice. I have been able to do so by using the Climate Care website to buy 0.67 Tonnes of CO2 emissions for £5, which I calculated would be the amount produced by my system (174W power consumption on standby) being left on 24 hours a day for 1 year.”

If you want to offset your carbon accurately, you need to work out >>

Read the rest of the article on russandrews.com here