Monday, November 27, 2006

The concensus view

I recently read a very interesting article by Ruth Lea in The Daily Telegraph. It was titled 'The consensus view is frequently very wrong indeed'. It struck a cord with me straight away as the consensus view in the Hi-Fi industry finds it hard to accept my philosophy on Hi-Fi.

The Hi-Fi Establishment believes that getting good sound is all about choosing the best hardware. My view is that the infrastructure is more important than the hardware. The Hi-Fi Establishment advises spending 90% of your budget on the hardware and 10% on all the rest. I can show that that is completely the wrong way around!

The article in The Daily Telegraph I came across looks at consensus views from the past and just how wrong they also turned out to be. Click on the link below to see the article:

'The consensus view is frequently very wrong indeed'